Wednesday 26 November 2008

A Flavour of Fantsuam

John Dada, director of Fantsuam Foundation, has kindly called Fantsuam my “second home”. Certainly I feel very relaxed and welcome there, when I go for one of my visits - variously described as "working holidays", "field work" and "reality checks".

Fantsuam Foundation is located in Bayan Loco, Kafanchan. The main language spoken there is Hausa, but the really local language is Fantsuam. (I have been told that Kafanchan is the Hausa name for the town of Fantsuam.) I would like to give a flavour of Fantsuam Foundation and its location. Fortunately help is at hand through YouTube and some blogs:
Fantsuam Foundation also has a Children's Computer Club (CCC). The CCC is taking part in the People and Place project where children in different countries exchange information by posting photos.

No comments: